Lawyers Helping Clients Create Wills, Trusts, and Comprehensive Estate Plans in Cook County and Surrounding Areas
The passing of a loved one is incredibly painful for the family. But it is made even more difficult when the family learns that the deceased failed to set his affairs in order before he passed away. That leaves the family grieving and also struggling to deal with the unresolved matters left by the deceased.
Many people delay estate planning, because there are always other things to do in life, and because they think they will get around to estate planning later. As a result, too many people pass away without creating an estate plan, leaving their families to deal with unresolved matters.
In addition to protecting your family after your death, an estate plan can also help carry out your wishes during your lifetime if you become incapacitated.
Prepare your estate plan now, and give yourself peace of mind knowing that you have made things as easy as possible for yourself and your family.
As a Pakistani-American Muslim, Attorney Kamran Memon is actively involved in the Chicagoland community, and he understands the community’s estate planning needs.
What is an Estate Plan?
An estate plan is a combination of documents (a will, a trust, powers of attorney, and an advance health care directive) that can protect you and your family during your life and after your death.
- An estate plan can provide instructions for how you want to be cared for if you become incapacitated.
- An estate plan can provide instructions for how you want your assets to be managed if you become incapacitated.
- An estate plan can name a guardian for your minor children.
- An estate plan can ensure that your assets go where you want them to go after your death.
- An estate plan can provide for your spouse, children, and relatives.
- An estate plan can ensure that your children get their inheritance at the ages that you think they will be financially responsible.
- An estate plan can provide for charities you care about.
If you want to protect yourself and your family during your lifetime and after your death, the Law Offices of Kamran Memon and our network of lawyers can assist you.
Contact a Chicago Area Estate Planning Lawyer
Our network of lawyers has successfully represented people with many different types of estate planning needs.
You can contact us at 312-961-2354 for a free initial consultation.